The historical Shift of birth and death rates from high to low levels in a population. The decline of mortality usually precedes the decline in fertility, thus resulting in rapid population growth during the transition period.
Millennium Development Goals
- MDG 1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger.
- MDG 2. Achieve universal primary education.
- MDG 3. Promote gender equality and empower women.
- MDG 4. Reduce child mortality.
- MDG 5. Improve maternal health.
- MDG 6. Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases.
- MDG 7. Ensure environmental sustainability.
- MDG 8. Develop a global partnership for development